As a group of EFT therapists here in New Zealand we want to be able to connect and support each other as best we can and in what ever ways seem most helpful. We are dedicated to learning together and in bringing EFT to NZ couples.
This section of this website is designed for therapist communication and support.
If there is anything you would like to include here please contact Jenny – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we will work together to add your thoughts and ideas. If you come across something interesting and related to EFT that you would like to share with our EFT Community we can include it here. This website is a live work in progress, just as our journey of learning and practicing EFT is. Please do not hesitate to contact Jenny with your thoughts and suggestions!
If you have any questions…Please email any questions you have about any of this or future EFT training to email@example.com and someone will get back to you.
EFT Core Skills 2 Training
Advanced Training: 1. Shame and 2. Common Problems.
Conversations for Connection – “Hold Me Tight” workshops
There are also many “Hold Me Tight” workshops in many other places in the world. There is a list on the ICEEFT website – seehttp://www.iceeft.com/index.php/hold-me-tight/relationship-enhancement-groups
EFT Training Events in Australia for 2017
For training events in Australia go to: http://aceft.com.au/EFT_Australia/Home.html
International Center For Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Information about membership, events and training
- Requirements for Certification
- Lists of all the trainers and supervisors, and EFT centres, communities and practitioners by location around the world (looking at some of those EFT community websites can be a source of ideas and resources)
- Purchase books and DVDs with your members’ discount·
- EFT-based publications, articles, research and other authors (not Sue Johnson)
Sue formulated this approach to couple therapy along with Les Greenburg in the 80’s. Since then Sue has been key and instrumental in the ongoing research, development and promotion of EFT. Sue remains an integral and active part in all EFT Centres and Communities around the globe. Some interesting information from Sue can be found in the following internet sites:
Sue’s Blog: Dr Sue Johnson Blog
Hold Me Tight – Conversations for Connection with short DVD clip showing three couples who have completed EFT work. This supports the Conversations for Connection set of two DVD’s of Sue talking with three couples about their relationship journey with EFT: Hold Me Tight
EFT-related ‘You-Tube’ Clips
The Still-Face experiment by Dr Edward Tronick. This is attachment theory in action and shows a child’s reaction when the mother does not respond or interact with the child. Much research supports the view that adults react in similar ways when their partner, their loved one, shuts them out, does not respond and / or shuts down emotionally to them. This is very powerful: Still-Face Experiment
Brene Brown is a well renown researcher into human connection, love and belonging. She talks about and shares her own experience of shame and vulnerability. This clip of Brene sharing her vulnerability has had over 13 million views and is well worth taking the time to watch: Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability.
The laws of love by Sue Johnson: Sue Johnson Videos
DVDs and Books
Books and DVD’s are available to ICEEFT members at a 15% discount. Go to ICEEFT Website
“EFT for Dummies” by Brent Bradley and James Furrow – This is a well reviewed comprehensive book with over 300 pages of helpful material.
“Peace in the heart and Home” by Charlotte Mikulka – A down to earth guide to creating a better life for you and your loved ones and endorsed by leading EFT Therapists & Supervisors
Articles & other websites which describe or talk about EFT
New Zealand based
Fully accredited EFT Supervisors
- Sue Morrison
EFT Supervisors in Training
- Heike McCahon
- Yve Gould
- Celia James
- Jenny Hill
Supervision can be obtained via Skype from International EFT Supervisors who can be found on the ICEEFT website.
On the path to becoming a fully accredited Supervisor, there is a classification of Supervisor-In-Training. To be in this category the Supervisor must be formally working towards EFT Supervisor status and be receiving specific Supervisor-in-Training supervision from two accredited EFT Supervisors.
Supervision received from a Supervisor-in-Training does count towards the ‘hours of supervision from an EFT Supervisor’ required for EFT certification.
Supervisors in Training
There are three supervisors-in-training in New Zealand.
Jenny Hill – Tauranga
Jenny attained her EFT certification in December 2012 and has a Post-Graduate Certificate in Supervision from Auckland University. She receives supervision from Alison Lee, PhD. Ottawa Canada and from Rebecca Jorgensen, PhD. San Diego USA via Skype.
Jenny is available to provide EFT Supervision at her office in Tauranga or via Skype. Please contact Jenny to enquire further: Ph 07-578 0959 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other details are available on the EFT website – on the Find a Therapist page.
Sue Morrison – Wellington
Contact details are available on the EFT website – on the Find a Therapist page.
Overseas, including Australia
On the ICEEFT website there is a list of approximately 100 supervisors: see iceeft.com EFT Supervisors
There are two supervisors plus one supervisor-in-training in Australia: see Click here to go to ACEFT
Local EFT Community Groups
This section provides information about EFT groups that operate in different parts of New Zealand.
Scheduled dates and times
- Meeting: Sept 25th, 7:30pm-9pm at 4 Paget Rd, Ponsonby – Ally Waite is presenting on EFT & Sex Therapy
- Oct 23rd, 6:30pm – 9pm – 4 Paget Rd, Ponsonby
- Nov 29th – 72 The Drive, Epsom – time to be advised – Xmas ‘Do’ Pot Luck
- At either 4 Paget Rd, or Ponsonby or 72 The Drive, Epsom (see meeting details above)
- Susan Harding – ph 09-360 711909-360 7119
Scheduled dates and times
- Meetings – 5pm-6:30pm on 2 Sept, 14 Oct & 25 Nov.
- Jenny Hill ph 07-578 095907-578 0959
(Including Wairarapa, Kapiti Coast & Palmerston North)
This group is open to therapists and others working with couples and families, interested in learning about and applying EFT to their work and/or own relationships. All levels of experience working with couples are welcome. Attendees are welcome to bring along:
- Topics for discussion e.g. learnings from working with couples
- Taped EFT couples work for feedback from other group members (self/trainer tapes).
- Resources such as books, articles, DVDs of Dr Jorgensen counselling couples.
- Presentations or anything else attendees wish to share.
Wellington EFT Peer Supervision Group Meeting dates
Dates for 2018 are as follows. These are all 4:00-6:00pm and we will be located at a new venue at L7, Change House, 150 Featherstone St.
- Monday 26th February
- Monday 12th March
- Monday 9th April
- Monday 14th May
- Monday 11th June
- Monday 2nd July
- Monday 13th August
- Monday 10th September
- Monday 15th October
- Monday 26th November
Where we meet
- Level 7, Change House, 150 Featherstone Street, Wellington CBD.
- Change House is situated halfway down Featherstone St between Johnston St and Brandon St (same block as The Leuven). Take the lifts to level 7 (slide door to open lift) and look for the sign ‘City Psychotherapy & Associates’. Go through this door and we are in the first room on your left.
- Change House is situated 10 minutes walk from the Wellington Central bus and train station. ‘Pay & Display’ parks are available if travelling by car.
A contribution of $5 per person who attends on the day helps cover the cost of the room.
Belinda Hodson on (027) 659-4450 or email: email@example.com.